To begin with, The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It is now rescheduled from its initial release date. Moreover, now the film will release next year, in the month of June 2021.
The Conjuring universe is not slowing down at all. Moreover, as soon as The Nun was proved a super-hit at the box office.
The fans of the Conjuring series will now have to wait a little longer for the third installment of The Conjuring series.
However, horror film fans are happy as The Conjuring 3 will release soon.
The full name of The Conjuring 3 is The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It. Conjuring 3 is an upcoming American origin film. It is a supernatural horror drama film which is directed by Michael Chaves along with the screenplay by David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick. The Conjuring film franchise has a total of two major films in it. Firstly, The Conjuring was released in the year 2013. Followed by the second installment of The Conjuring named as The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Case in 2016. However, it was the eighth installment of the film in the overall Conjuring Universe franchise.
Here are all the latest updates we have about the upcoming installment of The Conjuring-
What is the release date of The Conjuring: 3?
To begin with, the third installment of The Conjuring series was already announced in the month of June 2017. However, no official details about the release were given. Moreover, the producer of the film, Peter Safran suggested waiting for 2018 for further updates.
However, the filming and production work of the film was begun in the year 2019. And as per sources, the production began on June 3, 2019. The production was expected to be over by mid-2020. Therefore, the film was announced globally to release on September 11, 2020.
However, due to the ongoing global pandemic, COVID-19, the filming industry was at a halt. Besides, the theatres and cinemas are temporarily shut to prevent the spread of the virus.
The film was expected to be released on September 11, 2020. However, the creators and the production team realized that the film will not pull up any audience due to the temporary shut of theatres in major areas like Los Angeles. Therefore, the production team and studio have not decided to reschedule the film.
And as per our sources, the upcoming installment will now hit the theaters next year on June 4, 2021.
What is the expected plot of the upcoming Conjuring film
The Conjuring films take up its plot from real-life incidents and events. Besides, the life experiences of Ed and Lorraine Warren together.
Ed and Lorraine Warren are paranormal investigators in the film. Moreover, the plot of the upcoming installment will be based in the year 1981. On the case & trial of Arne Cheyenne Johnson, who was facing trial for murder. During the case and investigation, Johnson claimed that the devil had made him do it. Furthermore, Johnson also said that the devil has possessed an 11-year-old kid from his neighbor. And forced him to do the murder and do it.
The Warrens (Ed and Lorraine Warren) had come to investigate the case and to find out whether this was true or not. Moreover, was this done on a purpose, or the Devil really possesses him?
The plot of the upcoming film will be it.
What is the casting team of The Conjuring: 3
Most of the casting team is expected to return in the upcoming installment. And the list includes-
Firstly, we have the following stars in the lead role-
- Vera Farmiga playing the role of Lorraine Warren,
- and Megan Ashley Brown playing as young Lorraine Warren.
- Patrick Wilson playing the role of Ed Warren,
- and Mitchell Hoog playing as young Ed Warren.
Moreover, the film includes-
- Ruairi O’Connor playing as Arne Cheyenne Johnson
- Sarah Catherine Hook playing the character of Debbie Glatzel
- Julian Hilliard playing as David Glatzel
- Charlene Amoia playing as Judy Glatzel
- Paul Wilson playing as Carl Glatzel
- Sterling Jerins playing as Judy Warren
- Shannon Kook playing as Drew Thomas
- Steve Coulter playing as Father Gordon
- Ronnie Gene Blevins playing as Alan Bono.
Furthermore, the film will cast-
- star Ingrid Bisu
- and Eugenie Bondurant
- star Stacy Johnson
- Davis Osborne playing as John Beckett
- Ashley LeConte Campbell playing as Meryl Dewitt
- Mark Rowe playing as Sergeant Thomas
- Kaleka playing as Jury Foreman
- Andrea Andrade playing as Katie
- Stella Doyle playing as Mrs. Haskett
- Keith Arthur Bolden playing as Sergeant Clay
- Nicky Buggs playing as witch woman
- Rebecca Lines playing as witch woman
- Fabio William playing as Bill Ramsey